Last Updated: September 15, 2011
What are RESTku's practices regarding the collection and use of information?
- Personally Identifiable Information:
- We may collect personally identifiable information from you (including, without limitation, your name and email address) when you provide it to us such as when you create an account, sign-up for a newsletter, participate in a survey, contact customer service or otherwise interact with us.
- Subject to 1(b) below, we may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send your information by email or other means about our services and the like.
- To help us learn more about your preferences.
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services.
- To enhance your experience with RESTku;
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and business.
- To contact you if necessary.
- Pixel Tags:
- We may use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on this Site and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of this Site. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
- Pixel tags on this Site may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with this Site. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to this Site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
- Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
- Other Information: As you interact with us, certain information my be collected passively, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, or the MAC address of a wireless device that you may be using to access our Site. This helps us identify you and provide better service to you. An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. The "MAC Address" or "Media Access Control Address" is an identifier attached to a network adapter, such as your wireless (Wi-Fi) card, device, or component.
What are RESTku's practices regarding sharing and disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information?
We may share the personally identifiable information that you provide us with the various brands of RESTku. Additionally, we may share such personally identifiable information with our subsidiaries and affiliates (the "Affiliated Entities") and third parties as follows (per the terms of the below section entitled "How do I opt-out of RESTku's practice of sharing information with Affiliated Entities and Promotional Partners?", you may opt-out of having RESTku share your personally identifiable information with Affiliated Entities and such third parties):
- Affiliated Entities: We may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliated Entities for the uses set forth above in Section 1(a).
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as analyzing certain personal and non-personal information to allow us to better provide products and services to you, sending communications, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- Other Disclosures: Personally identifiable information of any individual user also may be shared with other companies outside RESTku: (A) as permitted by law; (B) in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets of RESTku; (C) in the event of a bankruptcy of RESTku; (D) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process; or (E) to protect the interests or safety of RESTku or other visitors to this Site.
Does RESTku combine information from different sources?
We may combine the personally identifiable information that we collect from you with other information about you that we collect or receive from other sources. This information may be used to improve our websites, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you, and for other internal business purposes.
How do I know my personally identifiable information is secure?
We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personally identifiable information. No company can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the Internet. You should know that unauthorized persons might attempt to intercept your network communications. We encourage you to exercise caution in accessing Wi-Fi hotspots, other wireless networks and other communications networks.
What about links to other websites?
How do I contact you?
What are the California Privacy Rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of RESTku who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com
For additional information, please see: